Tuesday, February 4, 2014

That Good Ole Brick Wall

My husband and I have a fabulous marriage. He is affectionate, loving, intelligent and supportive. That being said he can drive me insane. He can be such a nitpick and very critical. He does not seem to understand how much his tone gives away at times despite the fact that all of us tend to react defensively to it. Then he stands around and wonders why everyone reacts this way. About a month ago I tried to explain it to him but he is too defensive. Honestly, its hard for me to say anything because I tend to internalize and he gets soooo defensive about everything. It is simply easier to just accept his quirks. Goodness knows I have lots of issues that need to be fixed (which he also seems to harp on). It is difficult be cause he is very vocal about my failings and I am not about his. It just builds up inside me or a resign myself to it. I try hard not to get too aggravated over the whole thing. Again it really is not worth fighting over.
Sebastian has been rough today, Tim thinks all I do is spoil him. Maybe I do but I am trying hard not to and trying hard to be consistent. But you know it's difficult some days when you deal with back pan and today I had a vicious headache that I think was bordering on a migraine. Anyway, I have to go if I am gone too long he'll come hunt me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment